Sunday, July 13, 2008

Purse Seine net fishing method


Even as a fish trader for so many years, I have never seen this fishing method before but only imagine how it's done... Well one thing is that inorder to witness it we have to go out to sea with the fishermen inorder to really see one. I doubt I will ever have that chance to be on one...for one I cannot stand when the boat wobbles, I will get sea sick. hehe..
Now looking at the picture I know why they call it a purse seine net... becos it looks like a purse turned upside down as the pull the net the bottom of the net will close like a purse and when they pull up the net, gravity will work its way zipping up the bottom and up parts of the net and all the fish caught inside will be hauled up onto the boat... brilliant idea... :)


No comments: